ADULT Kickball LEAGUE
- You may have up to 15 players on your roster.
- Games are 6 innings or 1 hour long, whichever comes first
Run rule- 20 runs
- after 4 innings, 15 runs after 5 innings
Up to Kick:
- Teams may bat 10 or more players. Teams must alternate batting order by sex until all females have batted then use the remaining men. For example (M, F, M, F, M, F, M, F, M, M, M then back to the top)
- The batter must wait for the ball to be within three feet of home plate before kicking the ball.
- If the batter attempts to kick the pitch and misses that batter is out.
- ∙If the batter does not like the pitch, he/she should not attempt to kick it, and another pitch will be thrown.
- A batter will get one courtesy foul ball. If the second attempt is missed or is a foul ball, the batter is out.
- There are no walks in kickball!
- Bunting is not allowed! A bunt will be considered any time a player intentionally does not make a complete kick with their leg. A bunt will be a dead ball and an automatic out.
- A line will be drawn across the diamond and a batted ball must pass this line to be considered in play. If this does not happen the kick will be ruled one attempt. If this is the second attempt the batter will be ruled out.
- A batter/runner is out in situations similar to softball (forceouts, popouts, etc.) In addition, a runner is out when he/she is hit by a thrown ball.
- No leading off or stealing is allowed. Runners off the base when the ball is kicked will be declared out.
- Hitting a runner’s neck or head with the ball is illegal. If a runner intentionally used the head or neck to block the ball, the runner is ruled out. If a ball is intentionally thrown at the runner’s neck or head, it will be an automatic dead ball and that runner will be awarded the base they were going to PLUS an additional base.
- A force line will be placed between third base and home plate and any runner that crosses the line may not return to third base and must advance to home plate.
- A safety base will be used for first base and anyone running through first base must use the orange safety base.
- An out mat will be placed 3 feet in front of home plate. The catcher will use the out mat and the runner will use home plate. If the catcher has control of the ball while touching the out mat before the runner reaches home plate the runner is out OR if the runner gets hit by a thrown ball they will be called out. The catcher may not touch home plate. If the catcher touches home plate while in control of the ball no out will be recorded. If the catcher tags the runner the runner will be ruled safe.
- The courtesy runner must be the player who made the last out. He may run in place of a base runner currently on base. You may only use the courtesy runner once per inning.
- Seven (7) men and three (3) women play on defense. Teams may utilize more women than men in the field if preferred. Must have 8 (3 women) players to start or continue a game.
- The defensive team may not have more than 6 players in the infield turf before the ball is hit.
- No bouncing or spinning when pitching. Pitches must be less than one foot in height at the plate. All pitches must be within the width of the batter’s box. Any pitches not within this distance will be ruled a NO pitch.
- The pitcher must stay at the pitchers rubber until the ball is kicked. Infraction results in all runners advancing one base and the batters choice of re-kicking the ball.
- No player may break the plane of their respective base 1st, 2nd or 3rd prior to the ball being kicked. Infraction results in all runners advancing one base and the batters choice of re-kicking the ball.
- The catcher may not break the plane of home plate until the ball is kicked. Infraction results in all runners advancing one base and the batters choice of re-kicking the ball.
- There is NO infield fly rule, but a fielder cannot intentionally drop a ball to turn a double play. Infraction of this, results in all base runners being ruled safe.
- Once the pitcher has the ball in control and in a close approximation of the mound, the umpire will call time and at this point the play is dead.
- Any starting player or substitute may re-enter the game once in the same spot of the batting order.
- Any player that has not been ejected on your roster may re-enter in the field at any time. This does not affect the batting order.
LSSC is a Zero Tolerance Facility
Sportsmanship is a behavior and attitude from players, umpires, coaches, parents/fans that demonstrate mutual respect. Any person at an LSSC event that demonstrates behavior that is detrimental to that mutual respect will be removed from the event. Detrimental behavior includes any action; verbal or otherwise that abuses players, coaches, spectators, umpires, or LSSC Staff. Any coach ejected from a game will be removed from the facility till after the next game is completed by their team. Coach misses game ejected from, plus one. Any person removed by an umpire or director will be subject to removal for the remainder of the tournament.
- No Wagons or Carts in the Complex
- No Wagons or Carts in the Dome
- No Coolers
- No Sunflower Seeds or Gum
- No Outside Food or Drink
- No Smoking or Tobacco Products
- No Metal Cleats allowed on any field in the Facility
- No Pets Allowed inside the gates
- (Service animals MUST be marked)
- Service animals MUST be harnessed, leashed, or tethered (Unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices).
- Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support DO NOT qualify as “Service Animals” under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Please make prior arrangements before arriving at the Complex
- No drinks other than water on indoor turf
- No Firearms permitted on the premises