Coed Volleyball Rules
- · There are a maximum six (6) players per team on the court (three men and three women).
- · A team may play with no fewer than five (5) players.
- · If a team plays with five (5) players then three (3) of those five (5) must be female.
- · Net Height-Eight (8) feet
- · Matches will be the best two (2) out of three (3) games played to twenty-five (25) by rally scoring. Game three (3) will only go to fifteen (15).
- · Championship match of the playoffs will be best three (3) out of five (5).
- · If a team is not there at game time, the first game of the set will be forfeited. After ten (10)
minutes, the entire match will be forfeited.
- · Substitutions may be made anytime the ball is not in play, but must stay in rotation.
- · There will be one (1) thirty (30) second timeout per team per game.
- · Any unsportsmanlike conduct will result in a loss of point and side out for the first offense. The
second offense will result in removal of the game and facility.
- Clarification of Select Rules
- · Ball hitting on line is in bounds
- · Ball hitting overhead obstacle or basket support is in bounds if hit on your own team’s side and
if is not the third hit. However, if the ball hits the ceiling on your side on a hit and lands on the
other team’s court, the ball is then out.
- · Ball hitting net on serve is a live ball.
- · Server must be behind line
- · Teams rotate clockwise upon receiving serve
- · Contact with the ball must be a “clear” hit. No palming, lifting, pushing or carrying of the ball
allowed. Any palming or pushing of the ball will be called a lift.
- · Teams change courts and serve at end of each game.
- · Ball may be contacted by any part of the body. Use of head, fist, and feet are permissible.
- · Ball cannot be contacted twice in succession by the same player; however, simultaneous
contacts by more than one player on same team are allowed and are considered as one play.
Players participating in such simultaneous contact may participate in the next play.
- · Simultaneous contact by players on opposing teams also permit players involved to participate
in next play; however, if this results in ball being shortly held it is a double fault and played over.
- · When players on opposing teams commit fouls simultaneously, it is a double foul and played
over. Points are not scored on a double foul.
- Touching net at any time is a foul, except when a hard driven spike forces net into a player while he/she is on his/her side of the court. Any player that touches the net after spiking a ball, the play will be whistled and called a side out.
- · A player may reach over the net while blocking or in follow-through of a hit ball, but cannot reach over net in attempt to intercept ball until opponent has completed attack. Thus, a spiked ball cannot be blocked until it has been hit.
- · A player may step on the centerline but not on the floor in the opponents’ court. Any part of a player’s body may be in the air below the net and beyond the centerline if he/she does not interfere with opponents play by either touching ball or opponent.
- · Three hits maximum each side; except when ball touches blockers hand(s) (three more hits are legal).
- · A girl must hit the ball at least once before it goes over the net unless there are less than three total hits.
- · A player cannot attack or block the ball directly off the serve.
- · A player rotating off the front row must wait three rotations before returning to the front row.
Welcome to the Louisville Slugger Sports Complex. This program is offered for your enjoyment and therefore your cooperation and good sportsmanship is essential to the overall success of the program. All players, coaches, managers and spectators are anticipated to act responsibly during the entire program. In instances where responsible behavior does not occur, LSSC appreciates/acknowledges a responsibility to take any disciplinary action it deems appropriate against players, coaches, managers and spectators not acting in an acceptable manner, including, but not limited to suspension from games, expulsion from the park and participation in any future programs. The benefit a participant derives from this program depends very much on the participant’s adherence to accepted standards of behavior. These definitions provide information and directions to participants regarding standards of behavior, as well as consequences of participant/team misconduct. Each participant is expected to do the following:
- Demonstrate courtesy, even when others do not.
- Behave in a responsible manner, always exercising self-discipline.
- Respect the rights and privileges of other participants and staff.
- Respect the property of others, including LSSC property and facilities.
- Cooperate with and assist the staff in maintaining safety, order, and responsible behavior. Unacceptable behaviors include the following:
- Being involved in any form of insubordination.
- Failure to conform to the LSSC rules.
- Use of profanity, vulgar language, or obscene gestures.
- Defacing and/or damaging LSSC property or the property of others.
- Engaging in inappropriate physical or verbal conduct.
- Running, pushing, shoving, littering, or throwing objects (which are not part of supervised activity).
- Producing loud, rude, or activity disruptive noises.
- Possession of illegal drugs, alcohol or weapons on or off the playing court.
LSSC is a Zero Tolerance Facility-
Sportsmanship is a behavior and attitude from players, umpires, coaches, parents/fans that demonstrate mutual respect. Any person at an LSSC event that demonstrates behavior that is detrimental to that mutual respect will be removed from the event. Detrimental behavior includes any action; verbal or otherwise that abuses players, coaches, spectators, umpires, or LSSC Staff. Any coach ejected from a game will be removed from the facility till after the next game is completed by their team. Coach misses game ejected from, plus one. Any person removed by an umpire or director will be subject to removal for the remainder of the tournament.
- No carts or wagons are allowed
- No Sunflower Seeds or Shelled Nuts – Team will be removed from the event
- Only coaches and players are allowed on the playing field and warm up areas
- No Metal Cleats
- No Coolers/Brought in food or drink
- No Gum
- No Pets- please make arrangements prior to your trip
- No Smoking of any kind
- No Overnight parking