USSSA BASEBALL GAME PLAY INDOOR RULES
LSSC Baseball Director- Nick Gaa – firstname.lastname@example.org 309-258-6946
- Tournament is sanctioned by and will be governed by USSSA rules.
All teams must be registered with USSSA.
- Coaches must check in at the LSSC admin building, in front of the dome, prior to their first game. Coach will verify online roster and turn in copy of insurance certificate.
- Each team receives 3 coaches passes. Any additional coaches passes will need to be purchased (up to 2 total). All coaches not coaching a base must be in the dugout. HEAD coach is the only one that should address an umpire.
- Coin toss will determine home team throughout pool play. Bracket play will be determined by seed. Higher seed with choice.
- Length of Game- 9u- 11u – 6 inning games or 80min. time limit. Due to indoor schedule of dome, all Championship games will be by time limit.
- In Pool play- Ties will be awarded after regulation time or innings.
- In Bracket play- ITB, International Tie Breaker rule after time limit has expired, or after official innings have been completed. Last completed at bat will take 2nd base to begin inning. No count, no outs.
- Batting- Teams may bat a 9 (nine) player lineup, a 10 (ten) player line up using the EH (extra hitter) or bat continuous line up of present, eligible players. Lineup must be declared before the start of the game and used the entire game. ALL BATS MUST HAVE USSSA STAMP.
- Courtesy Runner- Any legal player not officially in the game or the last made out may run for pitcher or catcher.
- Pitching Regulations- Coaches honor! Protect your kids arms without us regulating it! No more than 3 innings a day or 6-8 over the weekend this early is wise.
- Pitching- A player removed from the pitching position(starting or otherwise) will not be able to return to that position in that same game.
- Intentional Walks- Vocal command.
- Umpire will record scores and turn into the director. Home team will be the official scorekeeper. Scores should be verified every 1/2 inning by the visiting team with the plate umpire.
- Bracket seeds will be determined by all pool games thru USSSA ISTS on line system.
- Run Rules – 15 after 3 innings, 8 after 4 innings
- Team managers must maintain contact with tournament director at all times. Teams must be ready to play 30mins. prior to scheduled time.
- LSSC reserves the right to alter the tournament format due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
- Field Dimensions- 190’ to foul poles – 200’ center
- 9u, 10u –65’ Bases/46’ Pitching
- 11u –70’ – Bases /50’ Pitching
- Age Specific Rules- leadoffs and stealing per rule book for all ages w/ 9u exception below
9u- No drop 3rdstrike, No stealing home- all runs must be forced or batted in
- Balks-(due to time of year, allowing some learning curve)
9u, 10u- 2 warnings per pitcher, per POOL game- 1 warning in bracket then enforced
11u-1 warning in POOL PLAY, no warning in bracket
- LSSC CEILING RULE:Ceiling rules are about reps and safety.Balls making contact with the roof in fair play will be deemed a foul ball unless ruled by the umpire crew that the ball would have gone over the home run fence. In addition: Any fair ball that makes contact with the roof and goes over the outfield fence or just makes contact with the lighting netting is ruled a home run.
Help keep us on time…once your game is completed please clean and vacate your dugout and field to allow following teams in. Post game team meetings need to take place completely off the field just played on.
LSSC is a Zero Tolerance Facility –
Sportsmanship is a behavior and attitude from players, umpires, coaches, parents/fans that demonstrate mutual respect. Any person at an LSSC event that demonstrates behavior that is detrimental to that mutual respect will be removed from the event. Detrimental behavior includes any action; verbal or otherwise that abuses players, coaches, spectators, umpires, or LSSC Staff.
Any coach ejected from a game will be removed from the facility till after the next game is completed by their team. Coach misses game ejected from, plus one.Any person removed by an umpire or director will be subject to removal for the remainder of the tournament.
PROHIBITED AT THE COMPLEX
- No Wagons or Carts in the Complex
- No Wagons or Carts in the Dome
- No Coolers
- No Sunflower Seeds or Gum
- No Outside Food or Drink
- No Smoking or Tobacco Products
- No Metal Cleats allowed on any field in the Facility
- No Pets Allowed inside the gates
- (Service animals MUST be marked)
- Service animals MUST be harnessed, leashed, or tethered (Unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices).
- Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support DO NOT qualify as “Service Animals” under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Please make prior arrangements before arriving at the Complex
- No drinks other than water on indoor turf
- No Firearms permitted on the premises