**Turn-in insurance certificate copy and verify roster at check-in.**
**Only coaches and players are allowed on the playing field and warm up areas.**
Welcome indoors to our Slugger Dome season!
There are no berths handed out, and although our awards are cool, the winter games should all be all about getting ready for the spring & the HS season. Get in as many reps and innings as you can, be ready and move efficiently in and out between innings, eliminate the team huddles and utilize the time wisely. It’s up to the teams to make the most of the opportunity. Thanks for playing with us, good luck and hope your team has a great experience!
LSSC CEILING RULE:
Balls making contact with the roof in fair play will be deemed a foul ball unless ruled by the umpire crew that the ball would have gone over the home run fence. In the event: Any fair ball that makes contact with the roof and goes over the outfield fence or into the lighting netting it will be ruled a home run. Contact with the outfield lighting netting is ruled a home run regardless of whether it went over the fence.
Ceiling rules are about safety and winter repetition. Ceiling contact is ruled a foul ball because knees and ankles don’t like chasing re-directed balls once it hits the ceiling. Safety of the players most important. In turn, the hitters and pitchers get a few more reps!
1. Turn-in insurance certificate copy and verify roster at check-in. 3 gate passes provided for coaches
2. Birth certificates must be available upon request.
3. No player may be on two rosters in same event, regardless of age group.
4. Teams must be ready to play 30 mins prior to scheduled time.
5. Bracket seeds will be determined by ALL pool games. Record, H to H, Runs Allowed, Coin-flip
6. Coin toss will determine home team throughout tournament.
7. 75 min time limits for pool and bracket
8. Pool games- 75min drop dead. Score will stand when time expires regardless of inning being completed.
Game clock will stop for all conferences, pitching changes or timeouts at or inside the 5 min mark of games.
9. Bracket play- 75min finish the inning through championship game.
10. Tournament uses modified NFHS rules. Pitching exception: Both feet remain in contact with rubber before pitch.
11. NFHS bat rules use ASA standards. All bats must have ASA stamp.
Penalty- If reported or found before next pitch- Result of play is nullified, all runners return, batter is out & coach
warned/restricted to dugout. Second offense- head coach and player removed from tournament.
If not before next pitch, bat removed from the game, coach warned.
12. Bat 9 or roster – if batting 9, NFHS substitution rules apply.
13. Courtesy runnera. batting 9- NFHS rules apply (player not in the game) b. batting roster- last made out
14. Run Rules – 12 run lead after 3 innings, 10 run lead after 4 innings, 8 run lead after 5 innings
15. In bracket play, ITB (International Tie Breaker) will be used after time limit or 7 innings. Last completed at bat will take second base.
16. Team managers must maintain contact with tournament director at all times. TD reserves the right to alter the tournament format due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
17. Any forfeited games shall be scored 7-0.
18. Home team is the official scorekeeper. Scores should be verified every 1⁄2 inning by the visiting team. Score keepers should verify their game scores with the plate umpire.
19. Only coaches and players are allowed on the playing field and warm up areas
20. Qualified teams for housing policy must be booked through LSSC housing system within two weeks of the tournament date. Teams not in compliance will not be scheduled into the tournament.**
21. Any coach ejected from a game, misses game ejected from, plus one. Any person removed by an umpire or director will be subject to removal for the remainder of the tournament.
PROHIBITED AT THE COMPLEX
• Carts or wagons
• Sunflower Seeds or Shelled Nuts – removal from event
• Metal Cleats
• Coolers/Brought in food or drink
• Pets- please make arrangements prior to your trip
• Smoking of any kind
• Overnight parking