Game Play Rules
Tournament is sanctioned by USA Elite Select and will be governed by USSSA rules.
- Coaches must check in prior to their first game.
- Verify official USA Elite Select roster and provide proof of insurance. Coaches must have proof of age available upon request.
- Teams must be ready to play 30mins. prior to scheduled time.
- Team managers must maintain contact with tournament director at all times. LSSC reserves the right to alter the tournament format due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
- Game guarantees are always weather permitting.
- 90min finish the inning- time begins at break of plate meeting.
- Courtesy Runner/Roster Batting – Pool play & Bracket play-
Batting 9, 10, 11- if every player present is in the game, last completed at-bat can be used for courtesy.Entire Roster batting can be used in Pool or Bracket play games. This “entire” roster batting must be declared at the beginning of game. If roster batting is being used the lineup card will show these “additional players” as AP’s. If you bat entire roster you cannot have a DP/Flex. Your courtesy runner becomes your last completed at-bat.
- All pool and bracket games will be played to a winner. ITB, International Tie Breaker rule after time limit has expired, or after 7 innings have been completed. Last completed at bat will take 2ndbase to begin inning.
- No field warm up or batting practice on playing fields after first game of the day. No soft toss into the fences.
- Bracket seeds and placement in bracket is done through the ISTS USSSA online system.
- Coin toss will determine home team throughout pool play. Overall division seed after pool play will determine option of home or away in bracket.
- Championship game times will be the same as rest of bracket.
- 12 run lead after 3 innings, 10 run lead after 4 innings and 8 run lead after 5 innings will be used. Any forfeited games shall be scored 7-0.
- ITB, International Tie Breaker rule after time limit has expired, or after 7 innings have been completed. Last completed at bat will take 2nd base to begin inning.
- Home team will be the official scorekeeper.
- Scores should be verified every 1⁄2 inning by the visiting team.
- Scorekeepers should verify their game scores with the plate umpire.
- LSSC is a Zero Tolerance Facility. This includes players, coaches, and spectators. Violators will be escorted out of the facility.
Help keep us on time…Once your game is completed please clean and vacate your dugout and field to allow following teams in.
Sportsmanship- LSSC is a Zero Tolerance Facility-
Sportsmanship is a behavior and attitude from players, umpires, coaches, parents/fans that demonstrate mutual respect. Any person at an LSSC event that demonstrates behavior that is detrimental to that mutual respect will be removed from the event. Detrimental behavior includes any action; verbal or otherwise that abuses players, coaches, spectators, umpires, or LSSC Staff. Any coach ejected from a game will be removed from the facility till after the next game is completed by their team. Coach misses game ejected from, plus one. Any person removed by an umpire or director will be subject to removal for the remainder of the tournament.
- No Sunflower Seeds or Shelled Nuts – Team will be removed from the event
- No carts or wagons are allowed
- Only coaches and players are allowed on the playing field and warm up areas
- No Metal Cleats
- No Coolers/Brought in food or drink
- No Gum
- No Pets- please make arrangements prior to your trip
- No Smoking of any kind
- No Overnight parking