OFFICIAL FASTPITCH DOME GAME PLAY RULES:
**Turn-in insurance certificate copy and verify roster at check-in.**
**Only coaches and players are allowed on the playing field and warm up areas.**
LSSC CEILING RULE:
“Balls making contact with the roof will be deemed a foul ball. Exception: Any fair ball that makes contact with the roof and goes over the outfield fence or into the netting will still be ruled a homerun. Contact with the outfield lighting netting is ruled a homerun regardless of whether it went over the fence.”
1. All teams must verify roster and hand in proof of insurance. Birth certificates must be available upon request.
2. No player may be on two rosters in same event, regardless of age group.
3. Teams must be ready to play 30 mins prior to scheduled time.
4. Bracket seeds will be determined by all pool games.
5. Coin toss will determine home team throughout tournament.
6. 75 min time limits for Pool – Ties awarded if inning not complete at time limit. Bracket, including Championship game will have 70 min time limit-finish the inning. There will be NO “IF” game due to time constraints.
7. Tournament uses NFHS rules. Pitching exception: Both feet must maintain contact with rubber.
8. Bat 9 or roster – if batting 9, NFHS substitution rules apply.
9. Run Rules – 12 run lead after 3 innings, 10 run lead after 4 innings, 8 run lead after 5 innings
10. In bracket play, ITB (International Tie Breaker) will be used after time limit or 7 innings. Last completed at bat will take 2B to begin inning. In pool play, ties will be awarded after time or 7 innings.
11. Courtesy runner- batting 9/NFHS rules apply- batting roster/last made out
12. Tie-Breaker: Record – Head to Head – Runs Allowed – (If 2 are tied after runs allowed we will revert back to head-to-head, otherwise coin flip.)
13. Team managers must maintain contact with tournament director at all times. TD reserves the right to alter the tournament format due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
14. Any forfeited games shall be scored 7-0.
15. Home team is the official scorekeeper. Scores should be verified every 1⁄2 inning by the visiting team.
16. Scorekeepers should verify their game scores with the plate umpire.
**Any coach or player removed from a game for unsportsmanlike conduct will be subject to removal from any and/or all additional games if so deemed appropriate by tournament staff.**
**Qualified teams for housing policy must be booked through LSSC housing system within two weeks of the tournament date. Teams not in compliance will not be scheduled into the tournament.**
Sportsmanship - LSSC is a Zero Tolerance Facility –
Sportsmanship is a behavior and attitude from players, umpires, coaches, parents/fans that demonstrate mutual respect. Any person at an LSSC event that demonstrates behavior that is detrimental to that mutual respect will be removed from the event. Detrimental behavior includes any action; verbal or otherwise that abuses players, coaches, spectators, umpires, or LSSC Staff. Any coach ejected from a game will be removed from the facility till after the next game is completed by their team. Coach misses game ejected from, plus one. Any person removed by an umpire or director will be subject to removal for the remainder of the tournament.