Each tryout will look slightly different due to the location of the event (indoor/outdoor), however we will test the same metrics and skills sets at each tryout. Included below are the steps of the tryout:
– Have your picture taken in your All American shirt (which will be provided at check in) with your evaluation number attached to front of your shirt.
– Participants will meet in center-field of a designated field for a debriefing of the Showcase as well as a group tryout picture taken.
– Participants will break off to their assigned fields by age group after the debriefing.
– Participants will warm up in center field
– Metrics (5X10X5, 20/40, Overhand Velocity, Hit Exit Speed)
– Position Specific (players are able to get scored on a primary and secondary position ONLY) Pitchers and catchers will be the last testing stations. They will be given adequate time to warm up before their scores are taken. Pitchers will throw to the catchers attending the tryout. Both pitchers and catchers will be scored at the same time. Catchers will also get their pop-time taken at this time.
– Hitting (this will consist of hitting on the field with live front toss)
Please DO NOT leave this event until all these stages of the tryout has been completed!