OFFICIAL FASTPITCH DOME GAME PLAY RULES:
**Turn-in insurance certificate copy and verify roster at check-in.**
**Only coaches and players are allowed on the playing field and warm up areas.**
- LSSC CEILING RULE: (READ-slight changes were made from last indoor season)
Balls making contact with the roof in fair play will be deemed a foul ball unless ruled by the umpire crew that the ball would have gone over the home run fence.
In addition: Any fair ball that makes contact with the roof and goes over the outfield fence or into the lighting netting will be ruled a home run. Contact with the outfield lighting netting is ruled a home run regardless of whether it went over the fence.
- All teams must verify roster and hand in proof of insurance. Birth certificates must be available upon request.
- No player may be on two rosters in same event, regardless of age group.
- Teams must be ready to play 30 mins prior to scheduled time.
- Bracket seeds will be determined by all pool games.
- Coin toss will determine home team throughout tournament.
- 75 min time limits for pool and bracket
Pool Play- Play is suspended at time limit (drop dead).
FINAL SCORES WILL REVERT BACK TO LAST COMPLETED INNING UNLESS HOME TEAM IS AHEAD. Ties will be recorded into standings.
- Bracket play- 75min finish the inning through championship game. When applicable, there will be NO “IF” game due to time constraints.
- Tournament uses NFHS rules. Pitching exception: Both feet must maintain contact with rubber. NFHS bat rules use ASA standards.
- Bat 9 or roster – if batting 9, NFHS substitution rules apply.
- Run Rules – 12 run lead after 3 innings, 10 run lead after 4 innings, 8 run lead after 5 innings
- In bracket play, ITB (International Tie Breaker) will be used after time limit or 7 innings. Last completed at bat will take second base..
- Courtesy runner- batting 9/NFHS rules apply- batting roster/last made out
- Tie-Breaker: Record – Head to Head – Runs Allowed – Coin Flip
- Team managers must maintain contact with tournament director at all times. TD reserves the right to alter the tournament format due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
- Any forfeited games shall be scored 7-0.
- Home team is the official scorekeeper. Scores should be verified every 1⁄2 inning by the visiting team.Score keepers should verify their game scores with the plate umpire.
- Only coaches and players are allowed on the playing field and warm up areas
- Qualified teams for housing policy must be booked through LSSC housing system within two weeks of the tournament date. Teams not in compliance will not be scheduled into the tournament.**
LSSC is a Zero Tolerance Facility –
Sportsmanship is a behavior and attitude from players, umpires, coaches, parents/fans that demonstrate mutual respect. Any person at an LSSC event that demonstrates behavior that is detrimental to that mutual respect will be removed from the event. Detrimental behavior includes any action; verbal or otherwise that abuses players, coaches, spectators, umpires, or LSSC Staff.
Any coach ejected from a game will be removed from the facility till after the next game is completed by their team. Coach misses game ejected from, plus one.Any person removed by an umpire or director will be subject to removal for the remainder of the tournament.
PROHIBITED AT THE COMPLEX
- No Wagons or Carts in the Complex
- No Wagons or Carts in the Dome
- No Coolers
- No Sunflower Seeds or Gum
- No Outside Food or Drink
- No Smoking or Tobacco Products
- No Metal Cleats allowed on any field in the Facility
- No Pets Allowed inside the gates
- (Service animals MUST be marked)
- Service animals MUST be harnessed, leashed, or tethered (Unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices).
- Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support DO NOT qualify as “Service Animals” under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Please make prior arrangements before arriving at the Complex
- No drinks other than water on indoor turf
- No Firearms permitted on the premises
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE AN INDIVIDUAL THAT IS BEING DISRUPTIVE OR NONCOMPLIANT WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE.